Turkish Cuisine Week
- 7-night holiday
15 - 22 May 2017
18 - 25 September 2017
- Price: £110 per person added to the basic cost of a week's holiday at Mandarin Boutique Hotel (currently £850-£950 per person). Single Supplement £175
- Minimum/Maximum Group Size: 4-8 people
For full details of our holiday venue, Mandarin Boutique Hotel, please click here.
For many travellers, sampling the local cuisine is one of the essential pleasures of taking a foreign holiday, especially in a country such as Turkey, whose cuisine is widely regarded to be amongst the World's finest. Over the past few years, we have received universal praise from our guests staying at Mandarin Boutique Hotel for the delicious home cooking served at meal times, which draws extensively on fresh local produce and traditional recipes passed down through families for generations. So what better venue to choose for our new Cookery holiday?
Our Turkish Cuisine Week will comprise five practical, hands-on demonstrations by Mandarin's chef, with our very own Ghislain on hand to translate. These cookery lessons will mainly take place in the early afternoons, from Tuesday to Saturday, leaving the whole of Sunday as a day to be enjoyed at your leisure (Monday being the arrival and departure day).
In addition, there will be three half-day outings:
- Morning visit to Fethiye Market, to shop for fresh produce. A visit to a typical Turkish market is a feast for all the senses - marvel at the colourful displays of fresh vegetables, feel the ripeness of fruit, breathe in the heady aromas of herbs and spices, listen to the vendors sales patter and their customer's bartering, and taste any samples on offer.
- A walk in the rural hills around Mandarin to find wild herbs (and to enjoy some of the gloriously unspoilt landscapes).
- A visit to a traditional Turkish pancake house in the atmospheric Kaya Valley, where you can observe this quintessential Turkish snack being prepared in the time-honoured way before tucking in yourself.
Partners/travelling companions not wishing to join the cookery lessons can stay at Mandarin at the standard package price without the £110 cuisine tour supplement, or join our Photography Weeks running concurrently.
- Return flights from Gatwick to Dalaman (regional flights at a supplement).
- Accommodation at Mandarin on a half board basis.
- Five cookery demonstrations.
- Three half-day excursions as described above.
- Airport transfers.